Welcome to the world of menopause and mid-life.
The process of menopause can be a profound phase of change in a woman’s life and has the potential for enabling personal growth and development.
The thought of menopause can provoke all sorts of reactions; from avoidance to minimising its existence, recoil to disgust, fear to anger of the unknown. If we rely on inherited negative beliefs around what menopause is, the experience can often fulfill the expectation that it is painful and full of loss.
Three ways of dealing with menopause include:
- To fix and forget about it
- To go with the process – including exploring ways to manage symptoms through diet, exercise etc.
- To regard menopause as a transformative process – starting with getting to know who you are, how you got here, values and beliefs that informed decision making ….. to working out who I can be now and the building of self-esteem, worth and confidence based on relevant and appropriate values and beliefs
In this series of GOM podcasts, I will offer a variety of ideas, perspectives and shared experiences to stimulate listeners’ curiosity in order to recognise what menopause can offer. I will also share why self- reflection and exploration is so vital in the face of chaos within menopause flux, and how to.
Ideas explored include:
- why mid-life and menopause make great partners for personal and spiritual development
- how menopause has been negatively packaged and why
- how menopause can be a potent life-phase and ways in which we can tap into the energy to unleash innate creativity, expression and talent
- how using the energy of menopause enables ways of sorting out ‘unfinished business’ and the importance of processing life- experiences to create a sense of ease within.
- how you can begin to make sense of your self through your menopause
and more . . .